The Department of Advertising and Public Relations at Klein College of Media and Communication at Temple University invites applications for the non-tenure-track Assistant Professor of Instruction faculty position. The start date for the position is July 1, 2022.
The ideal candidate will be a respected member of the advertising or public relations industries and experienced educator, with the ability to guide students through the process of unlocking and efficiently communicating the story of insights from data and how those insights drive innovation in the practice of advertising and public relations. We seek an instructor who can prepare our students to thrive in data-driven communications ecosystems, including those designed by Google, Facebook and Amazon.
Expected qualifications include:
- 7-10 years of industry or academic experience, with a focus on data analytics and their role in communications and integrated campaigns
- Master’s degree in advertising, public relations, marketing, communications or relevant field.
- Relevant experience strongly preferred, including certifications (e.g., Google Ads, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, HubSpot)
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and relevant tools and technologies
- Experience utilizing data visualization software
This non-tenure-track position carries an expectation of excellent teaching with a 4/4 teaching load. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute significantly to the department and to Klein College through service, which will include developing curriculum, serving on committees, and advising student organizations.
ADV-PR is a dynamic department of approximately 750 undergraduate students, with undergraduate majors in Advertising and in Public Relations.
Klein College of Media and Communication is among the largest comprehensive colleges of communication in the nation. The college enrolls nearly 3,000 undergraduate students and more than 100 graduate students. Temple University’s community at large includes over 40,000 students in the region and at several international campuses. For more information about the department, college and university, please visit http://Klein.temple.edu.
Temple is classified as an R1 Carnegie Research University: highest research activity. Temple University is an equal opportunity, equal access affirmative action employer, committed to achieving a diverse community. COVID-19 vaccinations are required for employment at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus).
Klein College of Media and Communication was the 2018 recipient of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication’s Equity & Diversity Award, honoring the college's commitment to inclusion. We are committed to staying connected to the rich multicultural tapestry that is Philadelphia. We seek a colleague with a similar commitment and philosophy.
Applicants should submit the following:
- a cover letter indicating interest and relevant professional and/or teaching experience, including experience working with diverse populations,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a statement of teaching interests and philosophy, and
- the names and contact information of at least three references.
Review of applications will begin on November 8, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit application and inquiries to adprsearchNTT@temple.edu.