As a Master of Arts in Media Studies and Production student in Temple’s Klein College of Media and Communication, you’ll be able to develop your skills as a scholar and work collaboratively with faculty and other students on research projects. You may also practice your craft in on-campus media outlets and student organizations, including
- Bell Tower Music;
- Emerge: is an annual publication, curated by Professors Laura Zaylea and Adrienne Shaw, of interactive and new media work created by media studies and production students;
- The Center for Media and Information Literacy;
- TUTV: Temple Update, Crossroads, A Broader View and OwlSports Update; and
- WHIP Radio.
You’ll also have access to internships that maximize our location in the nation’s fourth largest media market, where year-round opportunities to gain professional experience are available at numerous media outlets, including
- 6ABC, CBS3 and NBC10;
- 97.5 FM The Fanatic;
- KYW FM 1060;
- NFL Films;
- WHYY 91 FM and Channel 12;
- and many other outlets in Philadelphia and its surrounding markets.
Career opportunities are listed daily on Klein Connect, our exclusive internship and job portal.
Throughout your time at Temple, our faculty can guide you in making your next career move and bolstering your research efforts. You may also request a travel award that will help cover the cost of presenting your graduate work at one academic conference each year.