Temple University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program by combining financial aid with funds matched by the Veterans Administration (VA).

To find out if you qualify under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, contact Temple’s certification officer.
Patti Calandra, Sr. Associate Registrar
Conwell Hall, Room 212
1801 N. Broad St. 
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Office phone: 215.204.7378
Department phone: 215.204.1131
Email: OurVeterans@temple.edu

Contact your regional office to verify your benefits with the VA.
Explore the Veterans’ Online Application, the required application form for veterans for Temple University.

Veterans Affairs at Temple offers resources for your application and a checklist for the forms you will need, including your certificate of eligibility and any possible transfer credits.

Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to take advantage of your benefits at Temple. 

1. Contact the Veterans Affairs regional office.

Phone: 888.GI.BILL.1
Website: va.gov
Students must apply to begin using their benefits by submitting an application through the VA’s VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) system.

2. Get a certificate of eligibility.

Request a certificate of eligibility from the VA.

3. Apply.

Apply for acceptance to Temple.

4. Enroll.

To be eligible for the maximum Post-9/11 GI Bill housing benefit, you must be enrolled full time with at least one on-ground (as opposed to online) class that extends throughout the full term.

5. Submit your certificate of eligibility to Temple.

Forward a copy of your certificate of eligibility to Temple University. We can accept these via fax, email, regular mail, or in person.

University Registrar
Conwell Hall, 2nd floor
1801 N. Broad St. 
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Department phone: 215.204.1131
Email: OurVeterans@temple.edu

6. Temple submits your enrollment data to the VA.

You should receive an automatic notification each time a certificate is submitted on your behalf.

7. Pay tuition.