South Africa Program Costs
The following costs are included in your bill from Temple.
- Tuition for full-time undergraduate Klein College students (6 credits)*
Pennsylvania residents: $3,828
Out-of-state residents: $5,784
- Graduate tuition
Pennsylvania residents: $865 per credit hour
Out-of-state residents: $1,163 per credit hour
- Fees (all students)
Study Away Summer 2017 Program: $3,200
University services fee: $155
International insurance fee: $60
The estimated totals of undergraduate billed expenses are*
Pennsylvania residents: $7,243
Out-of-state residents: $9,199
*NOTE: The tuition rates listed above are only examples of the applicable tuition rates for a student whose home school is the Klein College of Media and Communication. Summer tuition is calculated on a per-credit-hour basis. Calculate your individual tuition rate.
The amenities included in the Study Away Program fee are
- in-country transportation to and from Johannesburg and Cape Town;
- local transportation in Johannesburg and Cape Town;
- lodging in guest houses for duration of the program;
- some meals; and
- excursions to local sites, such as the Apartheid Museum, Gold Reef City and Table Mountain.**
**Excursions might change to reflect and coincide with the program’s academic content. They will be confirmed prior to students’ departures.
The costs that are not billed to your Temple account are
- a new passport (up to $120),
- passport renewal ($85 or more),
- meals (about $440, depending on lifestyle),
- mobile phone rental ($200),
- daily expenses: ($600, depending on lifestyle),
- an international student identity card ($25) and
- round-trip airfare from Philadelphia ($1,500–$2,000).