Using digital tools, the International Urban Storytelling program captures the people, places and traditions of a region. Under the guidance of a Klein faculty member, students will produce a multimedia research project that includes audio, photography, text and video. This program explores the city as a classroom, mobilizing students through on-site lectures, excursions and field work.
The location for the program rotates each year, providing students with an in-depth look at two international destinations: Ireland and South Africa. These destinations are ripe for comparison given their post-conflict statuses, grappling with similar challenges as they each maintain peace in their respective locales.
Summer 2019 Program in South Africa
- Term available: summer
- Dates: May 15 to June 16 with possibility of 6-week extension to complete internship
- Internship: optional six-week internship for an additional three credits
- Courses (6 credits): Assignment South Africa: Multimedia Immersion Experiences
- Faculty: Klein College faculty program leader
- Student life: Housing and cultural activities included
- Program is open to all full-time students
- Application deadline: Feb. 15
To schedule an appointment to learn more or to start your application for the Global Internship Program, visit the Global Opportunities’ application portal.