Using digital tools, the International Urban Storytelling program captures the people, places and traditions of a region. Under the guidance of a Klein faculty member, students will produce a multimedia research project that includes audio, photography, text and video. This program explores the city as a classroom, mobilizing students through on-site lectures, excursions and field work.
The location for the program rotates each year, providing students with an in-depth look at two international destinations: Ireland and South Africa. These destinations are ripe for comparison given their post-conflict statuses, grappling with similar challenges as they each maintain peace in their respective locales.
Summer 2020 Program in Dublin, Ireland:
- Term available: summer I
- Dates: May 2020 - June 2020 with possibility of a six-week extension to complete an internship
- Internship: Optional six-week internship for an additional three credits
- Courses (6 credits): One course taught by a faculty member at Dublin City University (DCU) and one Klein faculty led course
- Faculty Program Leader: Dr. Tracey Weiss
- Student Life: Housing and cultural activities included
- Program is open to all full-time students
- Application deadline: February 15, 2020
To schedule an appointment or start your application for the International Urban Storytelling program, visit the Global Opportunities application portal.