Studying in Arcosanti
Arcosanti is an urban laboratory focused on innovative design, community, and environmental accountability. Created by over 7,000 volunteers since 1970 and sitting 70 miles north of Phoenix, Arizona, Arcosanti pursues lean alternatives to urban sprawl, based on architect Paolo Soleri’s a theory of compact city design called Arcology (architecture + ecology). Experience Arcosanti’s mixed-use spaces, where people create, live, work and visit for 10 days during spring break, while they study the relationship between ecology, technology, and our civilization as visualized in our media and culture.
Through onsite class lectures, film screenings, guest speakers, hikes and site visits, students will expand upon their knowledge of environmental issues and the importance of sustainability.
Arcosanti Spring Break Program
- Terms available: Spring break (Spring semester)
- Dates: February 28 –March 10, 2019 (tentative)
- Course (3 credits): Media, Ecology and Technology
- Faculty: Barry Vacker and Patrick Murphy
- Application Deadline: Nov. 1, 2018
- To schedule an appointment to learn more or to start your application for the Arcosanti program, visit the Global Opportunities’ application portal.