Studying in South Africa
Studying in South Africa exposes students to a diverse learning experience and a fascinating culture that spans bustling urban districts, cosmopolitan dining and shopping centers and stunning vistas marked by breathtaking natural beauty.
As part of the International Urban Storytelling Program, the South Africa experience focuses on a multimedia immersion experience, offering students the opportunity to produce a body of photographic work, a journalistic or documentary narrative, or a South-African focuses multimedia storytelling project that includes audio, photography, text and video. As part of the program, you’ll contribute to an award-winning collective social media site.
Temple University South Africa summer 2014 student Cambriae Bates won an EPPY award for her feature video, Mother Told Me, Speak.
International Urban Storytelling – South Africa Program
- Term available: summer
- Dates: May 15–June 16, 2019
- Internship: optional six-week internship for an additional three credits
- Courses (6 credits): Assignment South Africa: Multimedia Immersion Experiences
- Faculty: Klein College faculty program leader
- Student life: Guest house in Johannesburg and hotel accommodations in Cape Town
- Program is open to all students, undergraduate and graduate
- Application deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
To schedule an appointment to learn more or to start your application for the South Africa program, visit the Global Opportunities’ application portal.