Klein College High School Media Workshop is a tuition-free 2-week summer program designed to prepare the next generation of digitally and urban-trained journalists through hands-on training, field reporting, and experiential trips within Philadelphia. Students entering grades 11 and 12.
The purpose of this program is to engage, inspire, and teach a group of prospective Philadelphia high school students who are interested in attending one of the various undergraduate programs offered by Klein College.
Working closely with Klein faculty, Klein students, and industry professionals, participants will learn the basics in reporting, writing, and broadcasting, along with digital and visual arts. A variety of workshop courses and activities will be designed and offered to the students over the two-week session.
Students must live in Philadelphia to be eligible for this program.
June 21 until July 2, 2020
Klein College of Media and Communication @ Temple University
- Explore potential majors or minors by taking non-credit workshops taught by enthusiastic and knowledgeable Temple faculty
- Experience Temple University’s vibrant, urban campus
- Learn about and use Temple University’s resources for student success
- Live in a campus residence hall with other high school students
- Eat your meals in campus dining facilities
- Participate in fun weekend activities and field trips
Application Requirements (within the application)
- Two short answer prompts
- Brief Online Recommendation Form (teacher/guidance counselor)
- Permission form (parent/guardian)
- $106 medical fee (after accepted)
25 students will be selected on a rolling admissions process.
**After you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email with your student identification number and confirmation that your application has been received and is being reviewed. You will be notified by email of an admissions decision to the program.**