How to Apply
Global Opportunities programs are open to both undergraduate and graduate students at Temple University and other institutions. Applications are reviewed once all materials have been submitted through the Klein GO application portal. Applicants are contacted via their Temple University email once an admission decision has been made.
Steps to Apply for a Klein GO Program
- Research program options you are interested in using the pages on this site or through the Klein GO portal.
- Consult with a Klein Academic Advisor to identify potential times to study away and how your GO program of interest will satisfy any major, minor or concentration requirements.
- Schedule an appointment with Global Opportunities staff or Peer Advisors. For the time being, all appointments scheduled with a GO staff member or Peer Advisor will be via Zoom. During this meeting, you’ll learn more about your program of interest, application requirements and review how to finance your program. Visit our staff page on the Klein GO portal to schedule your appointment.
- Complete an advising application. Before you begin your program application, the Global Opportunities office needs to know more about you and your goals for studying away. This will help us to ensure that you're placed in a program that will best meet your needs and expectations. To begin your advising application, visit the page of your program of interest on the Klein GO portal and click “Apply Now.”
- Complete your program application. Once your advising application has been reviewed and approved by the Global Opportunities office, you will complete your program application in the Klein GO portal. You should also apply for scholarships from Global Opportunities, Klein or national organizations at this time.
- Enroll in your program. Upon acceptance to your program, you will review your course registration requirements with your Klein Academic Advisor and attend pre-departure orientation!
For more helpful links and information about the study away application process, visit our Steps to Apply page on the GO Portal.
Each Global Opportunities program runs on a different application timeline depending on the term in which the program takes place (spring, summer, spring/winter break, 7A/7B, etc.). Typically, students will apply the semester before they intend to study away.
Please visit your program of interest on the Klein GO Portal to determine when applications open and close, and when enrollment materials are due. If you have any questions about application deadlines or requirements, you can contact the Global Opportunities office at email@example.com.
To be eligible to study away, you must
- have a 3.0 cumulative GPA for semester programs, 2.75 for Summer programs, 2.5 for short term programs (spring/winter break, 7A/7B courses);
- be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated student;
- have completed at least two semesters of college level study;
- be in good academic and disciplinary standing (students on academic or disciplinary probation or warning may not participate); and
- plan to undertake a full-time program of study while away.
The GO Application for all programs requires
- one academic reference from a college level professor or teaching assistant;
- one character reference from an employer, coach, mentor or advisor;
- an essay approximately one to two pages (500 words) long, describing how the program would contribute to your academic, professional and personal development;
- unofficial transcripts from Temple and any previous institutions attended;
- that non-Temple students submit official transcripts from their home institutions; and
- a current résumé and personal statement (if you are planning on interning or if your program has a required internship component).