The Global Internship program is offered every summer in major cities throughout the world, including: Barcelona, Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mumbai, New York City; Paris; San Francisco, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, Toronto and Washington, D.C. Regardless of their destinations, all students spend two to three weeks on Temple’s Main Campus taking Intercultural Communication in the Workplace together before they depart for full-time internships in their chosen destinations. Global internships include all the necessary onsite amenities, including housing, program events and professional development.
As a part of this program, you’ll work one-on-one with an industry expert to refine your interviewing skills, perfect your résumé and help you secure an internship in your desired field. Each destination combines exciting events, learning and travel with a résumé-building internship. The required prep course will ensure you’re fully prepared for the workplace and cultural differences you’ll likely encounter in your host city. You’ll also earn transcripts from Temple University and six (6) credits.
NOTE: Language proficiency is not required in any location. English-speaking internship placements are available.
- Summer 2018 on-campus dates (held on Temple University’s Main Campus): Mid-May to the end of May. Students are required to attend all sessions of this course in order to receive academic credit.
- Application opens: Nov. 1
- Application deadline: Feb. 15
Students intern full time in their program locations while completing online coursework. They typically work on site from early June through the end of July. Dates vary based on location.
Courses (6 credits)
- Intercultural Communication in the Workplace, an on-campus class requirement for all students
- An online internship course and a full-time internship